Selling your home
Milton Real Estate - Selling your home
Showcase your Home! Make it look great! Presentation is everything! Home buyers are attracted to clean, spacious and attractive houses. It's amazing how little additions such as fresh paint can really brighten up your home. When the time comes to actually show your home you should scrub your home from top to bottom and make it sparkle! Even minor details are of importance when showcasing your home. Simple aesthetic improvements such as trimming trees, planting flowers, fixing squeaky steps, broken tiles and shampooing rugs will greatly enhance the appeal of your house. Email Pat for more friendly advice on how to showcase your home!
Additional Tips to sell your Home:
Price your Home Effectively - Do not overprice your home. Overpricing when you sell a home reduces buyer interest, makes competing homes look like better value, and can lead to mortgage rejections once the appraisal is in. The best way to price your home correctly is to have Pat research the market and advise you what similar homes in the area have been selling for. Pat's no-cost home evaluation tool will allow you to correctly price and sell your home in a timely manner.
Check the curb appeal - A home that is visually appealing and in good condition will attract potential buyers driving down the street and yield a quicker and higher price sell. Use this checklist to view the home through an outsider’s eyes.
- Are the lawn and shrubs well maintained?
- Are there cracks in the foundation or walkways?
- Is the garage door closed?
- Is the driveway in need of repair or resurfacing?
- Are the eavestroughs and chimney in good condition?
- Is everything outside put away (lawn mowers, hoses etc.)
- Do any of the outdoor windows, doors or casings need repair or fresh paint?
- Is all garbage and debris out of sight?
Use a Realtor - Selling homes is our business. Real estate agents are professionals who know exactly what it takes to sell a home. Pat Rideout will help you by:
- Promoting your home full-time.
- Placing your home in local newspapers.
- Marketing your home online - on Patrideout.ca and MLS.ca
- Creating and paying for ads featuring your home.
- Scheduling appointments to show your home even when you're not there.
- Pre-qualifying buyers - weeding out buyers that do not qualify for a mortgage.
- Making suggestions to better showcase your home.
- Promoting your home to other agents.
- Taking care of everything in the selling process - negotiating offers and specific conditions of the sale. Pat will also take care of all the paper work and explain the fine print to you in detail.
Click the link below to view the full newsletter!
No download is required, you can view it right in your browser.